Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Manado Trip - Air Terjun Kima Atas, An Unforgettable Journey

For our trip in Manado, we engaged the service of Mr. Raymond from Agape Tour Agency. When we landed, he were already waiting for us in the airport. He was originated from Medan although he has been residing in Manado for more than 10 years.

So, when he asked us where would be our first destination, I told him "Air Terjun Kima Atas" and he seemed puzzled. He never heard about that place.

Actually not only him, my friend in Manado also never heard about this place. But, I still insisted to go because I wanted to experience every single thing in Manado.

From what I searched in Google, it pictured Air Terjun Kima Atas or Kima Atas waterfall as follow:

Credit to aroxxunima.wordpress.com

Looking good? Yeah. Hmm, so let's go.

This waterfall is not listed in Google Map. I did not know the exact location. What I did was telling Mr. Raymond the direction based on what was written in one of the blogs I read. I am not sure whether he followed the direction but we went deeper and deeper into unknown area. He kept stopping his car to ask people around.

What a wonderful world 
Initially the road was wide, but he turned into smaller road with fields at one side. 

The view while the car was moving

We kept moving and entered even smaller road. There was one time he took the wrong turn and we need to U-turn on a very narrow road.

And after that we moved deeper and higher into a so called forest.

Deeper and deeper

Till we have nowhere to go.

Finally we see the signage, finally!

There was no signage along the way, just this one. Yes just this one. We found this at the end of the road where we could not move anymore. There was a house but no people. So we walked out of the car. 

We could hear the sound of water.

So we walked to a small path besides a signage.

And you won't believe what we see.

It is...

A HUGE LOG blocking the way.

But we were already there, so we decided to climb it and see what we could find at the other side of the log.

Let's do some exercise, Baby!
And after the log, the next thing we found was a steep sloping steps to the bottom. And we were caught by surprise by what we saw.

The waterdrop. Oops, I mean waterfall.

Air Terjun Kima Atas. I feel there is a bit of discount in the amount of water.

A bit zoomed-in view. Maybe there is more water somewhere.

I think I stood there, feel amazed and amused at the same time for less than 3 minutes before I decided to walk (or should I say climbed) back to the car.

To be honest, this tourism spot is a bit of disappointment: lack of direction, lack of signage, lack of maintenance. And I think we came at the wrong time when the water flow was the least. That's why we only saw waterdrop instead of waterfall.

However, we were still so happy. Time to take a selfie with selfie pod!

In Bahasa Indonesia, selfie pod is called tongsis (tongkat narsis)

Love is in the air,
Little Feet

2 comments:

  1. It's camera effect...
    Lol.
    at least you got a bit exercise there. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesss, it used long exposure lens (quoted from someone who told me)

    ReplyDelete