Friday, June 16, 2017

Autumn Favourite, Bowral in New South Wales

I came from a tropical country and always live in one for the whole of my life. I know nothing about spring-summer-autumn-winter cycle, I have never experienced dry and hot summer, I can't sleep at night without fan or air conditioner. 

Until last year.

I came to Australia in late spring, got to experience the breeze and the colours for a while before the sun started to show its wicked side. It was so unbearable in summer, especially in late January to February when every single sunshine just stung the skin. Autumn then cooled down the air and brought us so much rain in March. The leaves started to brown and fall in late April, it felt like magic. And here I am, in mid June, when the winter blows the harsh wind sometimes.

If I am to settle in tropical country for the rest of my life, at least I have my one year of four seasons.

My favourite so far is autumn for sure.

And my favourite autumn date is the day I spent in Bowral. Located approximately 120km from Sydney, Bowral is largest town in the Southern Highland of New South Wales. Bowral is believed to get its name from "bowrel" which means high in Aborigin. 

During the colonial era, Bowral served as summer retreat town for elite in Sydney. That's why there are many estates and manor houses here. However, we did not have time to visit any of the estates that day.

Our first stop was Bowral Lookout. Located at Oxley Drive, it provides scenic bird-eye view of Bowral, the Wingecarribee River Valley and Moss Vale. It was icy cold up top there but it's all worth the view.

Believe me, it's hundredfolds more beautiful when you view it directly

The explanation of each of the things that you may see

The platform

We just drove towards Bowral town afterwards, but it was not lunch time yet. So we decided to just drive with our instinct, and taa daa, we saw this beautiful compound. Without thinking, we just parked and walked in.

St Jude Anglican Church is located in 38 Bendooley Street, Bowral and this is an extremely pretty place to visit. We just kept taking pictures endlessly in every possible spot.

What a perfect combination of colours

The autumn feel

Another angle
 
My favourite photo of the day

Maple leaves!

At the back of the church

Bed of fallen leaves

Only the hungry tummy that could bring us out of the church. Our next destination was the town of Bowral, which is as pretty. The centre of the town is along Bong Bong Street. There are many eateries, shops, cinema, banks, and grocery store.

Corbett Square

Bong Bong Street

A chic alley, at the back there is Grand Bistro where we had our lunch
 
Fall-for-autumn happy face

Great food

Next stop, Gumnut Patisserie, which apparently keeps winning many awards from year to year

That's the best salted caramel cake I have ever had!

If autumn is a delicate piece of gown, Bowral wears it perfectly. Autumn looks so autumn in every part of Bowral. I should thank Thu a lot for mentioning this pretty place to a noob like me.

Who doesn't want a road trip like this?

If it's not people's backyard, I would have gone in and pose already

It looks so crispy!

Still in awe with this road

Thanks Bowral for giving me an unforgettable memory of autumn.

Love is in the air,
Little Feet

No comments:

Post a Comment